1. One book that changed your life.
Embarrassing as it might be to admit, Harry Potter really did change my life. It brought me into the online world.
2. One book that you've read more than once.
Redwall by Brian Jacques.
3. One book you'd want on a desert island.
Am I completely stuck on this desert island? Maybe a Suvivor's Guide.
4. One book that made you laugh.
Color of Magic by Terry Pratchett.
5. One book that made you cry.
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khalad Housini.
6. One book that you wish had been written.
>_> One by me. Yeah. I need to write a book.
7. One book that you wish had never been written.
Twilight's too easy, so I'm gonna say Eragon.
8. One book you're currently reading.
Sunshine by Robin McKinley.
9. One book you've been meaning to read.
Catch 22.
-
What's your favourite book sequel?
Children of God immediately pops into my head. I think that The Subtle Knife is notable for the fact that it's one of the only second books in a trilogy that is seriously NOT weak.
Who's your favourite literary villain?
Mrs. Coulter, to go along with the HDM reference above. Also, if Severus Snape counts as a villain than he's there. (Do these count as literary? Eh.)
Who's your favourite literary hero?
Now that's a little harder. Villains are so much easier for me to love, because all it takes for me to fall in love is to understand why they're a villain. Heroes... hmm. Gonna go with Hamlet.
Who's your most recent favourite author?
Robin McKinley.
Who, or more accurately, what, is your favourite literary animal role?
I'm loving the Beast's cat in Rose Daughter.
What is your favourite book to rant about (either because you hated it or thought it let down some literary standard)?
Twilight. It's too easy and it's popular. >_> I mean, at least Eragon died off after awhile.
What is your favourite literary death scene?
Lee Scoresby or Boromir. ... Very similar scenes, anyway, although I like Boromir's movie death more than his book death. Still. Lee Scoresby and Hester, for sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment