UNTITLED
SCENE 1
A modern cooking classroom, all white cheery light. About eight students are gathered around various flat surfaces, slicing, dicing, chatting it up. CHRISTOPHER, brown hair, strong jaw-line, and GILDEROY, dressed way too snazzy for a cooking class, are paired off at a counter, fanning steam off of a round cake.
CHRISTOPHER
(Making a show of directing steam to his nose: )
Maybe I didn’t muck up this time.
GILDEROY
And maybe I’ll name my first-born after you. Taste it.
CHRISTOPHER
(Laughing, pokes the cake: )
I’d rather not. I’m happy just knowing it rose, and I don’t think anyone will break their teeth on this.
EXTRA STUDENT #1 and her partner look up from their counter. Their cake is half frosted.
EXTRA STUDENT #1
(Brandishing her frosted spoon: )
Didn’t blow anything up this time Chris. I’m impressed. Maybe you’ll learn to cook after all.
CHRISTOPHER
That would be the idea. Can’t attract ladies by blowing up baked potatoes. Or cakes.
GILDEROY is frowning. He sneaks a pinch of the cake while CHRISTOPHER isn’t looking and grimaces.
GILDEROY
(Schooling his grimace into a smile: )
You’re on your way to culinary genius, you are. You know Catey White, running for class president? I bet you could make something for her bake sale next month and it’d be a hit.
No comments:
Post a Comment