My classes this quarter are three:
African American Literature
Art in Context
Contemporary Social Problems
It's a small load but I couldn't be happier with it. I love all three instructors. Each class has made me smile, but at the same time, well...
They're all basically sociology classes, which means they're extremely depressing. OK, so AA Lit isn't exactly sociology but... it is. It's a discussion of race, which is a discussion of class and history and social context, which is, dun dun dun, sociology. Essentially.
So in order to not sink, this quarter, into the environmental depression to end all environmental depressions, I am joining the Vegan Cooking group and Open Doors, as well as attempting to fit swing dancing and SA Prevention into the same night. I'll still be doing WAC/PAGE and volunteering to help out with the events for the week of Take Back the Night.
I'm going to become addicted to orange juice and energy drinks. Not to mention my love affair with coffee is still going strong, though I cheated a little over spring break with espresso drinks and chai tea. I'm tired. I still have an essay to write before...
Vegan Cooking! Tonight! *le gasp*
...and then something like 100 pages to read between now and Thursday.
Orange Juice is lovely. So is Cranergy, the only energy drink I've ever had, and it's juice. :D When you're out here I shall make you a killer smoothie.
ReplyDeleteYour classes intrigue me. As do your other stuff. Like, what is Open Doors? Or Take Back the Night? Actually, I take that back. Your life intrigues me. Vegan cooking? That sounds like a blast. Blogs like this make me feel like we could have a LOT of fun together, if we ever saw each other. : /
Also, I love the new background. It's a little less monotonous. :D Not to offend, of course.