Friday, April 30, 2010

thoughts

My eldest sister is graduating from college tomorrow. As I approach the end of my freshman year in college, there's something that clicks into place in the back of my mind that was never there before. An understanding that I'm living with time; I'm living on time. This very linear progression of hours and days and nights is not, in fact, linear at all. We give it numbers and seasons to adhere to, but in the end, my internal clock is a much more accurate predictor of how long I've been alive, how long I've yet to live, how long each individual moment is before it moves into the next. I've got five more weeks of being a freshman. Five more weeks, and these weeks are like days to me. They have the same natural cadence now that single days had back in high school - the hours are shorter but there are more of them, the classes are less controlling but worth more attention and effort, the friends are complete individuals instead of extensions of their own families.

Well, I'm off to Findlay to watch my sister graduate.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, do tell her congrats from all of us! :D We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete