Wednesday, July 6, 2011

you'd think I'd give up after so many tries...

Today I start work at G5, working as a Temporary Reporting Admin. Today I start my first job that pays more than minimum wage, that leads down a path to a career that I would not be adverse to looking down. I'm in Bend, Oregon at my Dad and step-mom's house, chillin at six in the morning because my landlord in Athens called me and said I was late for July's rent. Not true - I paid off both June and July last month. It's no big deal. If they can't find it in their records, I know where my receipt is.

This summer, I plan to draw, work, bike a lot, explore this beautiful city and its surrounding mountains and bike trails, and take a break from all of the pain and drama I left behind in Athens. Meaning, mostly, that it's my job to get over myself, to stop seeking self-destruction and allow myself to grow into a strong, self-fulfilled human being who can work with the flow and act selflessly for the people she loves.

Just finished rereading The Hunger Games again and learned yet another thing about how it is that Katniss thinks that I share, or at least can recognize, that I hadn't seen before. This is why rereading books is worthwhile - you pick up something new with each time through. Because I have a better understanding of the differences between people and what makes me specifically unique, it's easier to figure out what makes these characters unique - everyone from Katniss and Haymitch to Peeta, Effie... even side characters like Foxface, Cato, Rue, and Thresh. Each one has a specific thought process that Collins clearly thought about and displayed, without spelling it out or using the text to congratulate her own thought processes.

This all makes sense. The idea is in communicating the idea. Having it isn't enough. My nails are too freaking long to type comfortable. Guess if I'm gonna be in a data entry job I ought to clip them. So I guess that means it's time for a shower, then a four mile ride with my Dad to the office, then...

a start. For now.

No comments:

Post a Comment